Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Inserts are Arriving

One thing I like about ordering from Sportlots: Lots of envelopes arriving

One thing my mailman doesn't like about Sportlots: Lots of envelopes arriving.

A little more than a week ago I placed an order for a bunch of Topps inserts from the 1990s and 2000s.  The packages have started arriving at the WW World Headquarters. Being too impatient to wait for all of them to arrive, I'll be showing the cards as I get them.

Here's the first batch:


1997 Sweet Strokes #5 Mark Grace


1999 Lord of the Diamond #3 Sammy Sosa


1999 All Matrix #24 Kerry Wood


1999 Mystery Finest Sammy Sosa

Since I didn't buy packs when these came out, they are all new to me.  One thing that stands out:  base cards were basic while inserts were all shiny.

This one just confuses me...some of the 1999 cards have a copyright date of 1998.  I have to keep going over my checklist to make sure I list the cards with the correct set.  

Stay tuned for more inserts as they arrive.

1 comment: