Saturday, June 27, 2015

1961 Billy Williams Stamp Panel

Putting together the PSA master list means I'll end up with some duplicates.

Case in point:


This is the Billy Williams insert stamp from the 1961 set.  I got this a while ago.  But when the stamps were issued in 1961, they came in pairs.  The master list not only includes the single stamp, but also the panel version.  For Billy, there are two different panel versions.


This panel pairs Billy with Braves pitcher Carl Willey.  I must admit that I'd never heard of Carl Willey.  A look at his page on Baseballreference tells me why.  Over his eight year career, he was 38-58.

Of the two panels that feature Billy Williams, the Willey panel is the easiest to find.  His partner on the second is a Braves pitcher with a little better record, fellow Hall of Famer Warren Spahn.  The Williams/Spahn panel is both harder to find and more expensive.  It might be a while for that one to be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment