Friday, May 11, 2018

Bowman 2018 Cubs Inserts

My usual team set source, Brentandbecca, did not do Bowman this year.  It's been a while since I've had to fend for myself.  The team set I picked up at once from another Ebay seller. The inserts took a little more time.

There are five Cubs inserts, but it took me three sellers to get them.  The final cards arrived yesterday.


There are 20 cards on the Sterling checklist and Bryant is the only Cub.


Bowman Birthday has fifteen cards and Schwarber is on of those.  The says that he was the first player born in 1993 to appear in a World Series, but then talks about the 2015 season, which has nothing to do with the 2016 World Series.


Zagunis is currently with the Cubs, but I don't think he has much of a future with the team. Alzolay is the guy that I'm looking forward to.

 

More evidence that the cupboard is bare, when you're top prospects are in the 80s.  By the way, is ROBERT Alzolay actually Adbert Alzolay?  Did someone at Topps goof??



3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, they goofed, at least as far as BaseballReference is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's just the font - looking at the letters on the rest of the card, it appears that it does say Adbert. However, the stretching of the text makes the A and D look like R and O.

    ReplyDelete