Friday, May 4, 2018

My Most Wanted

Yesterday I talked about two SI for Kids cards that I've never seen for sale anywhere online.  Sadly for me, those are the only cards that I'm waiting to see.  Today I'll run through my six most wanted cards.



These are the two SI for Kids cards, #77 Greg Maddux and #156 Aramis Ramirez.  The Ramirez card is so elusive that the Trading Card Database has not seen it yet, either.

I've been hunting the next most wanted for over two years.


This is from the 1973 Jewel set.  Most of the others are fairly easy to come up with, but for some reason, Jim Hickman's card is very hard to find.


It was advertised in the paper of August 6.  The Kessinger is not tough to find.  It's a mystery to me why Hickman's seems to have disappeared.

The next card has been out for less than a year, but it seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.


The 2017 New Era set includes two Cubs.  The Kris Bryant card is plentiful,



but the Kyle Schwarber card is not.  You can buy fist-fulls of his 2016 card, but not the 2017.

The final two most wanted cards are from 2009, though I didn't pursue them until about three years ago.  The 2009 set included special black versions that were only available from Walmart. 

 

I easily picked up the parallels from Series One.  But the Series Two cards were much more scarce, and I didn't  bother to get them. 

About three years ago I was inspired (for reasons I can't remember) to get them.  I'm down to needing just two,

 

Mike Fontenot and Lou Piniella.  These cards are the base card, not the blacks that I'm looking for.

If anyone ever sees any of these six anywhere, let me know!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. I know the Schwarber New Era card is out there. I sent one to Tony at Wrigley Roster Jenga in a Christmas package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some SI for Kids doubles. If you drop me an email reminder, I can dig through my sheets and see if I have an extra Maddux or Ramirez for you.

    ReplyDelete