Monday, June 15, 2020

2013 Panini Select Cubs

Last week I showed the 2020 Panini Select Cubs.  I also mentioned that it was the first select Cubs set since 2013.  Then I had one of those Doh! moments.

After a quick check of my binders, I realized that I didn't have the 2013 Cubs cards from Select.  I wasn't paying careful attention to the unlicensed stuff back then and never realized the set came out.  However, since I have all of the other Select sets, I had to fill the hole.

The 2013 version of Select has 250 cards.  They include current players, retired players, and rookie autograph cards.  I don't like it when autographs are included in a base set because they can be hard to find and expensive.  Luckily for me, the Cubs rookies in that year were a bunch of no-names, so the autos were easy to find and cheap.

  

Two Cub Hall of Famers made the checklist.

 

 


The active players include two regulars and three rookies.

 

 


The autographs are Jaye Chapman, Junior Lake, Mike Olt, Brooks Raley, and Chris Rusin.  Now you know why these were cheap and easy.

Unfortunately, there is one more Cubs card in the set that I'm missing.  More on that tomorrow.



1 comment: