Tuesday, June 1, 2021

1996 Rockford Cubbies

 After I picked up the 1995 Rockford Cubbies team set, I decided to go ahead and get team sets from their other seasons.  After all, it was a pretty short run, from 1995 - 1998.  I bought the 1996 and 1998 sets.  I'm still on the hunt for the 1997 set.

Like the 1995 set, there are 32 cards in 1996.  The names too are fairly anonymous.  Only five of these players made it to the majors.

 

  


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some big names in Cubs history in the group... Bryant, Ricketts.

Big names in the entertainment worlds too, Gary Marshall, Jer Lewis

And some semi-big names of players who had lengthy MLB careers, Kyle Farnsworth and Jose Molina.  In fact, five of the players spent some time in the majors and I'll get to them tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. "Hi, I'm Chris Bryant, and I played for the Cubs."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle Farnsworth I certainly remember.

    I hope Chris Bryant has met former Cardinals pitcher Cris Carpenter. I think they'd have a lot to talk about. B^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Farnsworth playing football somewhere? If not, he could be boxing.

    ReplyDelete