Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lazy Gypsy Queen

A few days ago, I stated my underwhelmed feelings about Gypsy Queen. Today, I'm even more underwhelmed.

Looking through my Cubs cards, I had a sense of deja vu. Why did some of the pictures seem familiar? The answer is simple, Topps reused pictures for these. And I'm sorry, but that just seems plain cheap and lazy. Don't they have other pictures in their files that they can use instead of digging out repeats?

I guess not.

I've got three repeats and two more that are really close. First, the dupes:








Here are the near dupes. Two pictures seem to be from the same pitch. It's the same runner on base in the background. The Gypsy Queen shot is early in the windup and the Factory Team card is a fraction later.




These two pictures look almost identical, but his face is a little different, the bat is in a slightly different position, and the fans in the background line up a little different.





4 comments:

  1. I'd put Dempster in the near-dupes category as the 2 photos aren't exactly the same. His hand is held higher on the GQ card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing as Night Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FuKu is a cool nearly identical but not. The Bryd cards for some reason seem the same but also seem just a tad different - it is something about the Ivy in the background.

    ReplyDelete