Monday, May 16, 2011

Reed Johnson Makes Another Great Catch

During his first stint with the Cubs from 2008-2009, outfielder Reed Johnson made some fantastic catches. His Topps 2009 card shows one of them.



This past Friday, he was at it again. In the second inning, he robbed former teammate Mike Fontenot by going deep into the well in right field to make a catch, taking away at least two bases. If you haven't seen it yet, you can catch it here.

I saw a picture of the grab on the Tribune's website, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it would make a great looking card. Since this was an in-action shot, I decided to use the Topps 1972 In Action cards as a template.

Here's what I came up with



Nice Grab, Reed!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Topps Heritage could use you. We'll probably see those in 10 years.

    ReplyDelete