Friday, January 11, 2013

Flick Friday: Coming Attractions



The past couple years I've devoted Fridays in January and February to Flick Friday.

The concept: Winter and cabin fever are settling in and spring training is still weeks away.  To help get a baseball fix, I watch a baseball movie each weekend.  I'll review the movie and also come up with any Cubs connections.

This is getting a little tougher since I'm starting to run out of baseball movies.  The movies reviewed the first two years were Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Pride of the Yankees, The Natural, Bang the Drum Slowly, Bad News Bears, A League of Their Own, Eight Men Out, Field of Dreams, Little Big League, Major League, Mr. Baseball, and 61*.

I've come up with five more for this year:

Moneyball

Mr. 3000


Cobb


The Rookie

Chasing 3000

I don't have any particular order in mind, so if there's one you'd like to hear about first, leave a comment

4 comments:

  1. There's a movie called "Calvin Marshall" that you can watch for free on HULU. It's in my queue but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Not sure if it's just a cameo appearance or if he's in it a lot but Darwin Barney is the 9th person credited on IMDB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your reviews. Have you seen The Perfect Game, the story of the only PG in Little League Championship history. Fantastic movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul- I'm curious to see what you think of 'Chasing 3,000'. I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of "Cobb" before. Have you heard about "42", a movie about Jackie Robinson? Comes out in April and it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete