Wednesday, September 24, 2014

2014 Triple Threads Junior Lake Jersey

I've picked up my one and only Junior Lake relic card, and I can cross him off my list.

Lake has had several autograph cards this year, but I think this is his first relic.  He had a hot start to his career when he was called up last season.  The league caught up with him and this year he has been mediocre at best.  He was so mediocre that he spent part of the season in AAA.  He came back in September, but has seen little action.  

For the season he's at .218 with 9 HRs, 25 RBIs, and 108 strike outs.  We already have Javier Baez as our strike out guy; we don't need another.



The card is nice though.  I think this is my first jersey card with two stripes.  Triple Threads came out a couple weeks ago, but it's not a set I bother with.  I may pick up an Ernie Banks card when they start showing up on Sportlots, but otherwise I'm done with it.

Lake makes player #66 that meets my rule (a relic card from a year they played with the Cubs and the card shows them as a Cub).  He's the fifth I've added with cards from 2014, joining Arismendy Alcantara, Mike Olt, Javier Baez, and Jorge Soler.

No comments:

Post a Comment