Friday, September 12, 2014

2014 Topps Chrome Mr. Cub

In addition to the three-card base Cubs team set, I picked up one insert from this year's Topps Chrome...


...this chrome version of his 1954 rookie card. The card is a part of the 25-card All Time Rookies set.  I thought I read that these fell just one card per case, which should make them pretty rare.  Prices were not matching the supposed rarity, though.  I paid less than ten bucks for the card.

The card is not numbered, and I wonder if that is keeping the price down.  Whatever the reason, my wallet thanks you!

Back in February, I had a post that showed the different versions I own of Mr. Cub's rookie card.  This card now makes thirteen total in my collection, the actual rookie and twelve variations.

4 comments:

  1. Do you display all the versions of his rookie together, or do you parse them out by the year in which they were issued?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go by the year they were issued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ol' Topps, getting us to collect the same card over and over again. I'd like to think if I ever acquired the '52 Jackie Robinson that it would prevent me from hording the dozens of more recent versions. But probably not.

    ReplyDelete