Monday, September 8, 2014

Two More For the Barney Collection

I think it is pretty safe to say that there won't be any more new cards with Darwin Barney shown as a Cub. But that doesn't mean my collection is finished.

While I've got just about every base card made of him, there are still a boatload of parallels to those base cards that I'm missing.

The boatload was recently lightened by two.


This is from 2009 Tristar Projections.  This is the "reflective" version of the card; ie the refractor.  I already had the base, making this my first parallel for Tristar.  According to Beckett, there are also green (/50), yellow (/25), orange (/5), and purple (/1) versions of both the base and reflective....potentially eight more cards....of which I may ended up with four.


The second recent addition is this 2013 Pinnacle  Autograph, but it is the Artist Proof version.  What that means--I have no idea.  The card has the little AP logo in the corner, and the cards is numbered, by why "Artist Proof"?

 

The base and AP cards side by side don't show much of a difference.  These are the only two versions of the card, so I don't have to worry about any more Pinnacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment