Wednesday, November 30, 2016

All I've Got of Him: The Other Banks

I have all of my Cubs cards scanned.  The file names include the year, brand, and last name of the player.  Using this system gets me into a little trouble each time I search for Ernie Banks cards.  Searching for the last name Banks brings up more than just Ernie.  It also brings up the other Banks, Willie.

I've inadvertently included Willie cards in an Ernie tile because I forget to get Willie out.  Yesterday I did the opposite. I made a tile of just the Willie cards.  I hope I didn't skip over any of his cards.

I've come up with 24 different Willie Banks cards in my collection.  For a guy that was with the Cubs for just parts of two seasons, that is alot of cards.  Willie's time at Wrigley was 1994 and 1995, the tail end of the junk wax era.  That is the reason for so many cards.... too many cards of a guy that was 8-13 with an ERA north of 6.  

Ernie was Mr. Cub.  Willie was Mr. Flub.

No comments:

Post a Comment