Monday, November 14, 2016

Stupid Secretary of State

No, this is not a post about Hillary.

This is about the Michigan Secretary of State office.

The day after the Cubs won the World Series, I went to the SOS office to renew my plates.  I have 07 Cubs and 08 Cubs.  The plan was to drop 07 Cubs and replace it with 16 Cubs.  I checked the SOS website before going to the office and the 16 Cubs plate was available.  I ordered it at the office and they said it was available.

All was good, until Saturday.  I got a letter from the SOS saying that the plate I ordered was already taken by someone else.

No!!!

I'm not sure how that could have happened.  Apparently their system is not updated in real time.

So now I need to come up with another plate.

My first choice, Cubs 16 is also gone.

So I've come up with these two, which  are both available (if you can believe the website)>



I'm leaning towards the top one, since I prefer to have Cubs spelled correctly.

Any other opinions or other plate options?

And if you're reading this and live in Michgan, stay away from the SOS office until I get there this afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. Probably taken by the person you talked to, after hearing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top one. Go with the correct team spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that.

    I reserved but haven't yet purchased "CHAMP 16" for my state because anything with Cubs was already taken. If I actually pull the trigger on it, I'll get a Cubs World Series Champion plate frame so people can put 2 + 2 together.

    ReplyDelete