Monday, November 28, 2016

Filled A Forgotten Hole

I'm a completist collector...I've got to have them all.  I try my best to get things at once.  But every now and then, I've left a hole for one reason or another....and then I forget about the hole.

That's what I did with this year's Archives.  I got all the base cards no problem.  But I've also collected all the Fan Favorite Autographs.  This year there was just one Cub to get, Kyle Schwarber.  Unfortunately, it was a redemption auto, and that's why I think I forgot about it.  I figured I'd wait until the cards were signed and started showing up on Ebay.

I totally forgot about the card until a couple weeks ago.  I'm not sure what  I was searching for, but I came upon the Schwarber card--and had one of those "oh, yeah" moments.

Waiting until the Cubs won the World Series and Schwarber was a prominent figure in the series was not good for my wallet.   The card was not as cheap as most of the Fan Favorites from previous year.  But if I'm going to be a completist, then I have to pay the price.


I'm happy with the silver pen and the on-card signature.

Money well spent..and a forgotten hole filled...win, win.

1 comment: