Friday, November 4, 2016

What A Day

Yesterday was quite the whirlwind of a day...

  • It began with just 3½ hours of sleep.  I was running on adrenaline all day long.
  • I got to school at my usual time, decked out in Cubs gear.  The kids surprised me at lunchtime with a Go Cubs Go banner that was signed by everyone in the school

  • I made a quick trip to the Secretary of State office.  My 07 Cubs personalized plates were up for replacement but instead of a new 07 Cubs plate, I ordered a 16 Cubs plate.  It should arrive in a couple of weeks.
  • I took a quick nap when I got home from school
  • When Mrs. WW got home from work we were off for my parents house in the SW burbs.  The reason for the trip...we're heading to the parade today!  I hope to have pictures to post tomorrow.  Anyone else heading there?
The past three weeks have been nerve-wracking, hectic, exciting, and tiring, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome surprise from your students! That's just fantastic. Mine only made the offer to accept any extra credit that I might give, but only because the Cubs won the World Series. Gee, thanks. LOL!
    Matt, from Once a Cub, should be arriving in Chicagoland as I type. I'd suggest you try to meet up with him for the parade, but I think that might be an improbable task. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about your license plates. Awesome upgrade!

    ReplyDelete