Friday, March 1, 2019

Mootown Snackers Cubs

I'm not a big fan of cheese (on pizza or a burger is about it for me) so having cheese as a snack is something I don't do.  Sargento came out with Mootown Snackers cheese snacks in 1988.  It never registered with me.

Mootown Snackers came out with baseball cards in both 1991 and 1992.  The cards didn't register with me.

 

Now they do!  One Cubs was included in the 24-player set each of the two years.  The cards are titled "Signature Series" but you may notice that something is missing.... signatures.  Mootown didn't have a mail-in deal like Jimmy Dean.  If you wanted signatures, you...


.... flipped the card over.  There you found the facsimile signatures.

5 comments:

  1. This promotion introduced my sister and I to string cheese back in the day. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought Sargento cheese before... but never seen or heard of Mootown Snackers before. Were these inserted into packages of Mootown Snackers? Or were they part of the box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know about these. They remind me of a SLU card set

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are great and I've often wished I had the whole set instead of just the Dodgers.

    Also: cheese is the greatest food in the world.

    ReplyDelete