Thursday, March 12, 2020

Classic Cubs in the 2020 Design

Last week I was playing around with the 2020 Topps design.  As long as I was photoshopping (actually I was using GIMP - the free alternative to Photoshop), I decided I'd make some 2020 cards of two classic Cubs.



I used action shots like Topps does on modern cards.  With the name banner on the side, I went with the left side for Ernie and the right side for Billy.


Here's how mine compare with the real deal.  The only part I'm not happy with is the font for the last name.  Mine is too skinny.  I did find a way to make the font thicker, but the angle of the italics didn't match the other writing and it was distracting.  I stuck with skinny.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't notice the skinny font until you pointed it out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! That's what 2070 Heritage will look like exactly! :)

    ReplyDelete