Monday, March 16, 2020

"Classic" Cubs Topps 2020

Last week I showed some Topps cards I created of a couple classic Cubs,

 

Billy Williams and Ernie Banks.

A comment from Eric suggested a card for Mick Kelleher.  I think he was joking, since I don't think any Cub fan puts Mick Kelleher in the classic category.

But, I've been enjoying GIMP and I have 2020 templates made up, so why not?


The picture show Kelleher at the plate during spring training, 1980.  The training for him that spring was clearly not good enough.  Mick played in 105 games for the 1980 Cubs and hit a paltry .146.  How bad were the Cubs that season that a guy 50 points below the Mendoza line was used in 105 games?  

5 comments:

  1. Mick was awful.......but in 1980-81.....there wasn't a lot to cheer for other than Bill Buckner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a card for other superstars like Tarzan Joe Wallis, Paul Popovich or Champ Summers?

    ReplyDelete