Friday, August 19, 2011

Diamond Die Cut Cubs

I thought the Diamond Die Cut cards looked pretty nice, but I didn't really think I would have a chance to get them. You needed code cards and some luck. I had neither: no code cards, since I don't buy wax; no luck since...well, I'm a Cubs fan. What does that tell you about my luck?

But then they started showing up on ebay, and after a while, the prices started dropping. So I put together a checklist of the Cubs. There were five current players: Marlon Byrd, Starlin Castro, Tyler Colvin, Carlos Marmol, and Aramis Ramirez. I figured the Castro was going to be a bit more than the others, and it was. But the Bryd and Colvin cards; they were pretty cheap. It only took two weeks to get all five.

Take a peek:











There are also two Legends that I need to chase down. Ernie Banks was on the original checklist and I have purchased his card. However, the seller didn't have the card in hand, so I have to wait for Topps to ship the card to him, and then him to me. I'll get it posted as soon as I get it.

The second Legend is Ryne Sandberg, Ryno was voted onto the checklist as a part of Topps' Diecut vote-in. I don't believe the card is available yet, though Topps does have a picture of it on their Facebook page. I'm not sure how many are going to be made, but I have a feeling that the Sandberg card is going to be a tough one to get.



For now, I'll just have to live with this fuzzy picture I borrowed from Topps.

No comments:

Post a Comment