Saturday, August 20, 2011

Topps 2012

By now many of you have already seen the pictures of 2012 cards that Topps released.



The design is fairly simple and I like that. Truly, the design isn't super-important to me. A good or bad design has never kept me from buying the cards. I'm a collector, and I collect Topps baseball cards. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll collect them.

But I don't have to keep going after the inserts. I said early this year that I wouldn't chase the inserts, and then I caved and bought a ton. In 2012 it will be easy to stay away from the inserts. As is their custom, Topps keeps going to the well and kills a good idea. The platinum anniversary cards were an interesting item for their diamond anniversary. Since people liked them, of course Topps has to bring back a variation the next year. 2012's will be golden. I thought gold was for 50th anniversaries, not 61st. For me in 2012 it will be base only!

Back to the design....because it is a fairly simple design, that makes it easy for custom cards. I didn't spend much time at all on it, but here is....



Topps 2012 Darwin Barney. We'll find out in February just how close I got to the real thing.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! That's the first thing that popped into my head: "that doesn't look like it would be too hard to make fun cards out of"!

    2010 was terrible, and this year wasn't much better. But I think I can work with these 2012 designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topps designs that prevented me from collecting the set:

    1990, 1998, 2008

    It doesn't happen often, but design does matter to me.

    ReplyDelete