Sunday, August 21, 2011

Name That Cub....2006

The 2006 Topps cards are among my favorites, but not because of the fronts. It's the backs that caught my eye, specifically the cartoons on the back. When I was a kid, it seem like every year there were those cartoons on the back of the card. They gave you the chance to learn some interesting fact about the player, along with a cheesy cartoon. And I loved them! Cartoons were a Topps design staple throughout my childhood. The only year they were missing was in 1971, when a picture of the player replaced the cartoon.

But times changed and the last set to feature cartoons was the 1982 set, until Topps brought them back in 2006. Too bad it was one and done; the cartoons haven't been seen on the base cards since.

I went through the 2006 Cubs and picked out six players: Michael Barrett, Derrek Lee, Corey Patterson, Juan Pierre, Geovany Soto, and Todd Walker. Then I scanned in their cartoon, but removed their name.

You job is to Name that Cub!

Match up the player with the correct cartoon and win nothing but the satisfaction of knowing that you have exceptional knowledge of a really lousy 66-win team.

1


2


3


4


5


6



I'll post the answers tomorrow, along with another round, this time the 1970 Cubs.

Good Luck!

1 comment: