Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ernie Banks Ginter Mini SP

I thought I had this scheduled to post at 9:00 this morning like usual, but I goofed up the time.  Here it is, better late than never.

Today's card is one of those "should I or shouldn't I" cards.


This is the 2013 Allen and Ginter Mini Exclusive Short Print card of Ernie Banks, #359.  

The Ginter set runs 350 cards.  But of course, there has to be additional gimmick.  So they added another 50 SPs that are mini cards.  I really went back and forth.  First, I was going to get the card, since it's numbered in continuation of the Ginter base set.  Then I saw what I would have to pay for the card and opted out.  But when prices got a bit more manageable I was able to pick one up.

Luckily for me and my wallet,  Ernie was the only Cub on the SP list.

The picture on the card is interesting.  It looks like they took the picture at a Cubs convention.  Ernie is wearing a 60's era road jersey, but he's wearing it over a dress shirt.  He's also wearing a clip-on microphone.  I'm going to have to do some digging around to see if I can find the original image.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. My first instinct was a first pitch but they don't usually wears mikes. Nice catch there.

    I found the original but won't ruin your surprise.

    ReplyDelete