Monday, October 30, 2017

2017 Topps Gold Label

Last year Topps brought back this set from the late '90s and early 2000s.  Each year there were 100 cards in the checklist, but three different classes of each card.  I didn't bother with Gold Label because the sets were so small.  But since I'm running out of attainable sets to collect, I decided to go after it.

While I'm going for Gold Label, I'm not going all in.  I'm just going for the cheap and easy class one cards.  I looked into getting all three classes, but for just the 2016 and 2017 sets, a total of 15 cards time three, it was going to cost me over $75.  No thanks.

The Cubs dominated the 2017 checklist, with nine of the 100 players.

 

Two of the nine are Hall of Famers and its nice to see Maddux as a Cub.

 

 
 
 


Other than Ian Happ, the rest are the usual cast of characters.  

And we didn't get a card for Rob Zastryzny!



2 comments:

  1. For me, they're probably the nicest looking cards Topps makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. 9% of the checklist are Cubs. I'm happy for you and other Cubs fans... but Topps kinda dropped the ball with that decision. I loved Gold Label back in the 90's. Glad to see them bring it back last year.

    ReplyDelete