Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Upgrading Ben


This is my rule-following Ben Zobrist card, but it barely follows my rule.  It does show Ben as a Cub, since the card says "Chicago Cubs".  But he's wearing the All-Star jersey and the relic piece is from the same jersey.

A Zobrist relic was included on the 2017 Triple Threads checklist.  If I could get one at a decent price I'd go ahead and upgrade.



The price was right and I picked up this card.  It's a jumbo relic and it has pinstripes, which is much-improved over the brown piece on my first card.

I'm done with Zobrist relics.  His autograph is another story.  Triple Threads was the first release to finally include his autograph.  But its a redemption and its expensive and its still missing from my collection.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very nice Triple Threads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice upgrade!

    Although, the relic portion makes me think pregnancy test, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better. I never liked the old Padres colors. Good luck on the auto.

    ReplyDelete