Saturday, October 7, 2017

All I've Got of Him: Kyle Hendricks

I'm writing this before Game 1 on Friday begins and then have it scheduled to post on Saturday at 7:00 a.m.  Hopefully you are going to be looking at cards of the pitcher that dominated the Nationals as the Cubs took a 1-0 lead.

Right now I have 22 cards of Kyle Hendricks.  Of those, 15 are from 2017.  That means there were just seven from the previous three seasons.  I guess winning a league ERA title made him more collectible.

One thing you'll notice is missing from the tile is either an autographed card or a relic.  As far as I know Hendricks has yet to have one issued.  A good showing by him in the postseason this year may change that in 2018.


2 comments:

  1. I think people have been sleeping on Hendricks for a while now. Maddon didn't trust him in Game 7 last year and Topps doesn't want to seem to recognize anyone who can't throw 90+ mph.
    He kind of reminds me Peyton Manning... another very cerebral and talented player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to see Kyle start game 1. Turned out fine. I loved hearing the latin players say his nickname, the ProfessOR.

    ReplyDelete