Friday, February 8, 2019

1976 Sportstix Cubs

You've probably noticed that I've been adding all sorts of oddball brands from the 80's and 90's.  I've got a bunch more to come, too.

But I didn't want to be exclusive to those two decades.  I've also been getting some from the '70s.  The problem is that there aren't nearly as many from that decade.

Today I got a one and done from 1976.



This is a Sportstix sticker from 1976 featuring Bill Madlock.  The sticker had a diameter of 3".  The back is blank, so you'd have no way of knowing where the sticker came from without any help from a catalog.

The set consists of 13 different players.  There are 3 HOFers and 10 active players.  Madlock was an up and coming star in 1976, so it was nice to see him included.  The set also had football and basketball players, bringing the total checklist to 30 different stickers.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Don't think I've seen any of these in person before.

    ReplyDelete