Monday, February 4, 2019

One For the Wall

On Saturday I mentioned that I bought three packs of 2019 Series One.  Two were to rip and one was to display.  I showed the ripped cards Saturday.  Today is for the display.

I have a wax collection that goes back to 1969.  That matches the years that I have a Topps complete set.  The packs are displayed on a wall in the WW World Headquarters.


Here's a look at WWHQ.


Here's a closer look at wall of wax.  I've always had the cards on three shelves from when I first displayed them in 2009.  The packs used to be spaced further apart as there were fewer packs on each shelf.  Over the years I added packs and closed the gaps.

(this GIF shows the progression with 2009 and 2012-2019)

But now I've run out of room.  There are 17 packs on each shelf and no more room to add any more.  Sometime over the next year I'' have to add another shelf.  That will give me another 17 years.

10 comments:

  1. Have you ever scanned or photographed the packs individually? Just last night, I found myself looking for a collection of such, from 93 on. Most collecting efforts for these focus on the 20th century only.

    I just wanted to assemble a list of all the players chosen to be on the wrapper - but for S1+S2 only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! Based on my mental calculations (IE, if I counted right) they switched from wax to cellophane between 1993 and 1994. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I noticed that too. I'm not sure what I'm more jealous of... that awesome unopened wax pack collection or that beautifully organized desk.

      Delete
  4. The urge to open those packs would get unbearable for me! I hope you can still find that red shelf for next year's pack...

    ReplyDelete