Thursday, February 28, 2019

2018 Gold Label Ernie Banks

I've got all the Cubs from all the years that Topps has produced the Gold Label set, including those from 2018.


My cards, though, are just the first level or class and Gold Label typically has three different classes of cards.

The 2018 checklist included Mr. Cub.  I decided to get the Class 2 and Class 3 cards of Ernie for the player collection.  They weren't as difficult to find as I expected, nor were they too expensive.

 

The big picture of Ernie is different on each of the three classes while the little shot stayed the same.  All three of the big pictures show him taking a hack at the ball, but they are out of order.  If they were in order we could have made a little flip book of Ernie's swing.


2 comments:

  1. I like how the big photos of Banks show him swinging (even if you had to help them out and put them in order). I wonder if Topps did this with all of the players.

    ReplyDelete