Thursday, April 14, 2011

Going Green, Heritage Style

Heritage does love them some gimmicks! And being the sucker that I am, I've fallen for them. This year, it's the green tinted cards, which mimic the green tinted printing error cards of series two from 1962. All of the '62 cards that I've got are the correct color, so I don't know first hand just how green the originals were. But the Heritage cards are very green.

Three Cubs were among the greenies. Since these are SPs, it took a bit of time and money to track them down, but track them down I did.







That runs my Heritage card count to 19 cards, and that is where I will stop. I've got no interest in the Walmart or Target variations, since Walmart and Target didn't exist in 1962!

Tomorrow I'll have a rundown of the other variations that Heritage has had over the years.

1 comment:

  1. I was able to pull a CC Sabathia greenie from my group case break. I have it posted on my blog from a day ago. Not sure how many Yankees have grennies and not sure if I will pursue them all.

    ReplyDelete