Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SHOCKING!! Topps Made An Error on a Card!!!

There was one more insert I wanted, the black leather Starlin Castro card. I already have the regular glove, but since the blacks were numbered to 99, I thought it would be a nice card to add to my growing Starlin Castro collection.

The card came yesterday. And Topps blew it.

Look at the way the name was stitched into the leather:



CastrA!



They spelled his name wrong. So what if his name is on the card just a half inch below the patch.

So what if Topps hads made all sorts of other inserts and special cards for Castro this year.















Does Topps have any sort of quality control? Do they care?

Just for the heck of it, I emailed customer support, explaining the problem. I suggested that since only 99 of these cards were made, it should be fairly easy to re-make another 99 with the correct spelling. I'm still waiting for a response.

Do you think I'll get one? Even I, the most optimistic of fans (which is what you have to be if you are a Cubs fan) have no hope of a response, much less a corrected card.

If Topps won't correct the card, then I guess I should make my own change to have a matching set:

No comments:

Post a Comment