Thursday, June 14, 2012

Resisting the Relics

This year I swore off the relic cards and so far, I haven't caved (like I did last year).  My good friends at Topps are making it easy for me.


By staying away from the Series Two relics, I'm missing out on cards of....


....Ex- Cub Carlos Pena




....Ex-Cub Carlos Zambrano, and 




....Ex-Cub Marlon Bryd.


I'm happy to just borrow some pictures from ebay rather than buying cards of players who aren't on the Cubs any more.


In the interest of fairness, Topps does have two jersey cards of players that are actually on the Cubs....






But I've got plenty of relic cards of both of these guys, so there's no temptation to fall off the wagon.

2 comments:

  1. Give it some time and you'll fold. Mainly because you'll eventually see them for so low you won't be able to pass. I pulled the Byrd and Castro in packs myself. Picked up the remaining three along with some other random Cubs cards for about $10 shipped from the same seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of relics once they changed the fine print on back to "does not come from any particular event, game, or season". That to me says they just took an unused jersey and cut it up. Not the same as getting a jersey actually worn by the player.

    ReplyDelete