Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2014 Mike Olt Update Sabermetrics

My update set from Brentandbecca should arrive this afternoon.  In the meantime, this is my only update card...


...of Mike Olt.  He stuck with the Cubs for most of the season until management finally got tired of all of his strike outs.  For the year, the guy had 258 at bats, struck out 100 times, and hit a paltry .160.  Sure, he had 12 home runs.  But otherwise...a bust.

So why do I have this card?


Because its "special."  This is the sabermetrics version, with all those new-fangled stats on the back.


Here's a closeup of the stats.

I must admit I'm not all that versed on them.  All I know is that there isn't a way to pretty up his 2014 numbers.  A pig with lipstick is the best way I can come up with to describe them. Ugly is still ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment