Thursday, October 30, 2014

Billy Williams...Cub...Umpire...Wide Receiver...Singer

A couple times a day I'll do an Ebay search for "Billy Williams."  I'm always looking for something new to add to the player collection.

But I face a problem that most other player collectors don't have to deal with.  It's not a problem for the Darwin Barney, Ernie Banks, Andre Dawson, or Ryne Sandberg collections, just for Billy.

The issue?

His name.

It's too common.

A search for Billy Williams items will bring up


Billy Williams the Umpire...


....Billy Williams the football wide receiver...


...and Billy Williams the singer.

Luckily the lack of a Dee in the search means I miss most of...


....his stuff.

I know that I could do a more specific search, like "Billy Williams Baseball" or Billy Williams Cubs".  But doing that could eliminate some things since sellers don't always list things with all the details.

So I stick to "Billy Williams" and just keep my scroll finger warmed up.

Anyone else get a bunch of wrong stuff in your searches?

2 comments:

  1. Not exactly the same, but why do I get Dick Allen results when I search for Ron Santo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try looking up Jason Bay. You get every guy named Jason that has played for a Tampa Bay organization (Rays, Lightning, Buccaneers).

    ReplyDelete