Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Heritage Minis Are the Wrong Size

Topps experimented with mini-sized cards in 1975.  They measured 2¼" x 3⅛" compared to the standard size of 2½" x 3½"  It makes sense that since Heritage is up to 1975 that something should be done with the minis.

It was.

In early May Topps issued a Heritage mini set available only through Topps.com  The set was the same 500 cards as the regular Heritage set, including the short-printing of #1-100.

I picked up the Cubs team set since I also had the 1975 mini set.

I compared the 1975s with the 2024 Heritage cards and found something odd.

The Heritage cards were about ¹⁄₁₆"  shorter than the originals.  That just seems so odd.  And I did check with several from each of the two years and it was the same thing.  The Heritage minis always came up a bit short. 

By now I've resigned myself to the fact that the Heritage designs will never be exactly replicas of the original Topps cards.  But my goodness, couldn't they have gotten the size of the mini cards correct??

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so yeah, this drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete