Friday, January 30, 2009

A Classy Move


In recognition of a very classy move on his part, today I will not refer to him as Jeff Spellcheck, but I will carefully type out his name correctly.

Cubs pitcher Jeff
Samardzija today announced that he will endow a scholarship at Notre Dame in his mother's name. Jeff's mom Debora died when he was a senior in high school and he is establishing this scholarship for a student who has suffered the loss of a loved one. Read all about it here.

What a great thing to do! I also find it impressive that he just turned 24 years old about a week ago. A very mature act on his part.


2 comments:

  1. I met him at the Cub's caravan last year. He seems like a very nice guy, I really hope he continues to impress. Maybe #5 starter if we can't land Peavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreee with you completely WW.

    ReplyDelete