Saturday, January 3, 2009

Take Down the Stadium....

...but save the baseball card stand!!!

These pictures were take on January 2nd.


Shea Stadium is coming down. As a Cub fan, I can't say that I am going to shed too many tears over the demise of Shea. The Amazin' Mets of 1969 broke my heart, and I must admit, seeing the Met's home like this gives me a twisted sense of justice.






They're taking the stadium down, but at least the baseball card booth is safe!!

I would guess the booth would have been in the concourse somewhere, but it has been rescued and brought to safety outside the demo site, hopefully to find new life at Citi Field.


Photo credit: Gary Dunaier via www.baseball-fever.com

1 comment:

  1. I agree, save the cards stand, but those stands are grossly overpriced.

    ReplyDelete