Tuesday, December 8, 2009

T206 Cubs

I picked up the Cubs team set of T206 off of ebay. This is my first (and probably only) look at the cards from this set. While the cards look nice enough, I'm not sure of the point.

Topps has Heritage for the vintage stuff, and Allen and Ginter for the super-vintage (is that what you would call the really old stuff??). And if you want tobacco cards, then there is Turkey Red. So what niche does this fill?

Well, anyway, that's just my opinion.

As for the Cubs set, there are twelve cards. We get the starting outfield (Soriano, Fukudome, and Bradley), the infield (Ramirez, Theriot, Fontenot, and Lee), the catcher (Soto), three pitchers and bench player Bobby Scales. My only gripe would be that again Topps left out Ryan Dempster, who was also not included in the Topps base set. They did include Jeff Spellcheck, though he spent most of the season in AAA.

So, lets start in the outfield







Move on to the infield









Here is Bobby Scales, with his St. Patrick's Day hat on. Why wouldn't they have just made it blue?



And finish with the battery.









And one more thing. Would it kill you, Topps, to use a little originality??











3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that last part is why I only collect a set, or at most 2, a year. Same damn photos in every set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh---I;m with you. That's pretty disappointing on the recycled photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're plentiful in that set. I bought 3 packs and I would say 85% of the photos are recycled.

    ReplyDelete