Saturday, August 15, 2015

1971 Topps Tattoos Billy Williams

Its been a while since I've added anything to my Billy Williams PSA collection.  The reason?  All that I have left are oddballs, expensive oddballs.  Most are hard to find at all, let alone at a reasonable price.

A couple weeks back I saw a listing for a graded version (PSA 6) on Billy's 1971 Topps Tattoo.  I hadn't seen one before, so I decided to watch the auction, just to see how high it would go.  I figured a 6 was going to bring some big bucks.

I figured wrong.

As the auction was into the last day, there were no bids even though the starting price was just $4.45.  That seems really cheap for a hard to find, graded item.  Since the action was non-existent, I decided to go ahead and set my sniper.

A bid came in near the end, but I out-sniped them and won the auction for just $6.55.  I think I got a real bargain.


Here's the tattoo in the PSA case

 

and here is a closer look and a mirrored look.

For something with only two listings over the past couple months, I happy to be able to pick one up at a bargain price.

This brings my collection completion rate to 73%, 93 out of 127.

Slowly but surely the quest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment