Friday, August 28, 2015

I Got What I Said I Wouldn't Part 2

I just can't make up my mind.

I said I wouldn't collect any more new Darwin Barney items, since they wouldn't show him as a Cub.

Yet...


I bought this.

The card is from Platinum Series Baseball, a new product this year.  The cards are used in a baseball board game.  Over 600 players are on the checklist and Darwin was one of them.  This could the the last card that shows him as a major league player, so I figured it was worth a buck to grab.

You can tell from the card the the set doesn't have an MLB license.  I wonder if the picture was of him from his Cubs or Dodger days?  Both team wear gray road uniforms, so it could be from either.

I've heard next to nothing about these cards.  I've found just one seller on Ebay that has them.  Anyone else hear of them or buy them?

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a Cub card of David Ross and I spotted these on eBay as well. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the lack of logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always interested in any sort of tabletop baseball game, and I have never heard of this one. These cards could've been a little more attractive... but I've seen a lot worse.

    Side note: I thought that having the card say "Los Angeles Baseball Club" was a Panini thing and a bit ridiculous... but here are these guys doing the same thing. I wonder if there's some sort of legal technicality to keep them from just labeling the card as "Los Angeles".

    ReplyDelete