Thursday, August 13, 2015

Adding Some Archives Autographs

On-card autographs have been a part of Archives since it returned in 2012.  I've picked up the Cubs autographs in the set since there have only been a few to chase most years.  The 2015 set was a bit different.

Instead of just retired players, the 2015 Fan Favorites autographs included two active Cubs. Two very expensive Cubs.



Kris Bryant and Addison Russell.  Both of the autographs are SSPs and are going for crazy prices.  The Bryant is around $600 while Russell's goes for about half that.  Neither of these will end up in my collection.

Much more affordable were the retired players...



...a couple of Marks, Grace and Prior.  These two together went for less than a tenth of the Russell card.  My new personal rule is Archives autographs only for retired players.  I've now got eight great blasts from the past.


3 comments:

  1. I think the '89 set may be one of my favorites with an autograph on it, but I may be biased because that's when I really got started with collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who else would you like to see in terms of fan favorites that wouldn't necessarily break the bank?

    A couple of other guys have Fan Favorites autographs before Archives was around in the early-mid 2000s. Fergie, Santo, Ryno, Dawson, Banks, Walton, Sutter and Madlock come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge fan of Archives autographs. I collect them every year and actually finished the 2013 set. I was totally bummed out that they decided to include super short printed autographs of Kris Bryant, Addison Russell, Nolan Ryan, and Reggie Jackson to this year's set, because I know there's no hope of me completing it.

    ReplyDelete