Tuesday, August 7, 2018

2018 Ful-Sized Ginter Relics

Topps has doubled up on relics in Ginter since 2013, adding full-sized relics to go along with the mini-framed relics. 

My thought is this.... nobody is better at messing up a good thing by adding something pointless than Topps is. 

Since I am a completist, and I have all of the mini relics, I also get the full-sized.

This year there are ten Cubs with the full size cards if you include Theo Epstein.


Yes, Theo has a relic card.  As the card says, the memorabilia is not from any specific game, event, or season. Did they just grab a shirt from his hamper??

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It's the usual crew with the rest of the nine.  Of them, Baez, Bryant, Darvish, and Rizzo get doubled up with a mini framed relic.  I'll have those tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Plain white for Theo's relic, huh? I was hoping for more like something he is wearing on the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Epstein relic has a blue pinstripe!

      Delete
    2. Your pinstripe definitely looks a lot like the pinstripes on Russell, Heyward, and Bryant's memorabilia cards.

      Delete
  2. Seems like the minis should be the annoyances. Wouldn't full sized cards be preferable? They look cool to me, at any rate.

    ReplyDelete