Friday, August 31, 2018

The Archives Autographs

Archives has been around since 2012 and each year there has been an insert called Fan Favorites Autographs.  I've been able to get the cards for each of the retired Cubs on the checklist.  I've passed on the current players due to the expense and repetition.  I can't afford to pay for several Kris Bryant cards.

I've counted a total of nine retired Cubs over the years....

2012 - Bill Buckner and Shawon Dunston
2013 - Jody Davis, Leon Durham, Rick Reuschel, and Lee Smith
2014 -  no retired Cubs
2015 -  Mark Grace and Mark Prior
2016 -  no retired Cubs
2017 -  no retired Cubs
2018 -  Don Kessinger


An earlier incarnation of Archives called Fan Favorites was issued from 2003 - 2005.  It too has a bunch of autographs.  I haven't chased them since this was out when I was away from collecting.  It would be a nearly impossible and overly expensive hunt now.

Cubs in those sets include...
2003 - Ernie Banks, Bill Buckner, Andre Dawson, Leon Durham, Fergie Jenkins, Bill Madlock, Ron Santo, Lee Smith, Bruce Sutter, and Ron Santo

2004 - Fergie Jenkins, Don Kessinger, Ryne Sandberg, Ron Santo, Rick Sutcliffe

2005 - Ernie Banks, Andre Dawson, Shawon Dunston, Ron Santo, Jerome Walton

4 comments:

  1. So who is worthy of inclusion but hasn't been tapped yet? Glenn Beckert? Randy Hundley? Kerry Wood? Who else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would vote for all three and add Mitch Williams and Rick Sutcliffe and to the mix.
      You know, I wouldn't mind adding a Sosa Archives card to my collection either.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to see a Iván de Jesus on the Fan Favorites checklist. He was a name from my childhood.

      Delete
  2. I busted 2 blasters and got Michael Kay, and Derek Lowe.

    ReplyDelete