Thursday, August 2, 2018

All the Allen & Ginter Cubs, 2006 - 2018

Now that I have the 2018 Ginter Cubs in hand I can put together the All Ginter Tile.

In this post I guessed that there would be 12 Cubs in this year's set.  I based that on a look at the number of Cubs in the set over the years. 

The numbers have been fairly consistent: 9, 10, 7, 11, 9, 11, 10, 11, 10, 13, 14, 15

Twelve seemed like a good guess.  I figured that by not winning the World Series in 2017, the Cubs count would drop. 

But I was wrong and Topps put out its highest Ginter Cubs total - 18 (which included the Theo Epstein card).

Here's a look at every single Ginter Cubs card from 2006 - 2018


2 comments:

  1. I think this is the largest amount of cards they'll ever have in this set. They can't go bigger, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be pretty hard to top 15, given three are retired stars and you have a rookie thrown in. You potentially could have Morrow, Hendricks and Hamels get tossed in, but likely if they do that, it would be at the expense of Tseng, Caratini and possibly someone like Almora or Zobrist. The only others I could think that might make the list would be Edwards Jr. or Strop. But the list is pretty long all things considered.

    ReplyDelete