Monday, January 28, 2019

Chef Boyardee Cubs Cards

As a kid I remember two competing spaghetti-in-a-can companies, Franco-American and Chef Boyardee.  Our family went with Franco-American.  I loved my Spaghettios. 

But Franco-American didn't put out baseball cards.  The Chef did. I guess that makes things even.

Chef Boyardee put out a set of cards in 1988.  You had to mail in some proofs of purchase and you were sent an uncut sheet of 24 cards.  The checklist included all of the big names from 1988 and two were Cubs.

 

As with many of these types of sets, they were licensed by just the players.  These don't look very good without the logos.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this series... it's like a walk through my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this oddball Set before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great because Chef Boyardee is on them! (I was also a Spaghettio's kid).

    ReplyDelete