Wednesday, January 23, 2019

More Hostess

I picked up all of the Cubs Hostess cards back in 2011.

Or at least I thought I did.

I bought all of the 1970's cards that came of the box bottoms of Hostess products.  I put them in the binder and was done.  But as I recently started looking over the smaller products from the '80s and '90s, I found out that Hostess has some cards in the '80s and '90s.

And you know me -- I can't stand to have holes in a collection.  Luckily, the missing Hostess cards were very easy and inexpensive to pick up.


This odd looking thing is the 1987 Hostess product.  Its a small sticker, measuring just 1 3/8" x 1 3/4".  The set was actually put out by Hostess of Canada, so Ryno is not only a second baseman, he is a deuxieme but.  There are 30 stickers in the set and he is the only Cub.


This card is from Hostess' 1993 set.  It is from Hostess USA and a regular-sized card.  He is the lone Cub among the 32 cards in the set.

And NOW I can say that I am done with Hostess!


3 comments:

  1. I just found a dupe of the '93 card two nights ago while sorting. I probably gained 10 pounds the summer Hostess did that promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... Sandberg looks so different on that 1987 sticker. Never seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandberg looks terrifying in that sticker... Was the phone too dark that they had to photoshop it?

    ReplyDelete