Sunday, January 13, 2019

Five Random Cubs Cards

I've got 16,268 Cubs cards from 155 different brands listed on a spreadsheet. A random number generator picked five cards, one each from the past several decades.




1900s - 1970s: 1969 Fleer Team Emblems Version 1  There are three version of this card.  This one has a much lighter shade of blue and the "ubs" is pushed over to the left.  In the other two versions, that blue gets darker and the "ubs" is moved to the right.




1980s: 1984 Donruss #41 Joe Carter  He is the '80s Gleyber Torres.  No regrets with either trade.  Carter to the Indians for Rick Sutcliffe was the only way they would have won the '84 division title.  Torres to the Yankees for Chapman was the only way the '16 Series is won.



1990s: 1992 Topps #110 Ryne Sandberg  I wonder if the was a home run swing or just a fly-out?  Both Ryno and the catcher seem very interested in the flight of the ball.



2000s: 2003 Topps Total #500 Sammy Sosa Sammy is really hustling out of the box.



2010s: 2014 Donruss Signatures #CR Chris Rusin  Does anyone else have an autograph of Chris Rusin in their collection?  I doubt it!  I do only because this follows my autograph collection rule.  




4 comments:

  1. I can close my eyes and see the 84D Carter rookie card... yet I totally forgot he's featured on the Cub in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this abomination of a Joe Carter card?

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvIjXZjXQAU1v0v.jpg:large

    Also, I have several Rusin autographs! He signed a couple of my customs but the official one I have is the same as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the hell? Just a quick google search will give you the correct answer as to which team drafted Carter.

      Delete
    2. Wow! Is that just plain lazy or what!

      Delete