Friday, June 10, 2022

Full Ivy Six Years in the Making

 In November of 2016, following the Cubs championship, we did a little landscaping to our house.



We added some Boston ivy to the brick wall and added house numbers that mimic the numbers on the outfield wall at Wrigley Field.  I expected it would take a couple of years for the ivy to fill in.  It ended up taking six years.


This is the front of the house today.  We just have one bare corner, otherwise the wall is completely filled in.  

Neighbors are still mostly confused by it.  These SW Michiganders don't know the look I'm going for.  They think I have trouble with pizza or Amazon deliveries so I had to make extra large numbers.  Only after I show them a picture of the Wrigley outfield do they get it.

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a Cubs fan! I don't think the wife would let me recreate the Green Monster with my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! Even if I wasn't a baseball fan who recognizes Wrigley, I'd think this was cool and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Maybe another year for that corner and then it's time for a follow up post!

    ReplyDelete