Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Billy Williams 2023 Dominator Rainbow

 The 2023 edition of Donruss came out a while back with little or no fanfare.  After all, without a license for MLB or the players, the set is made up of prospects and retired players.

The lack of buzz meant low prices, which meant a rainbow could be made at bargain prices.  So I decided to see what I could do with the Billy Williams cards from the Dominators insert set.

Dominators has the base card, /999.  In addition,  there are unnumbered parallels called Pink Fireworks, Vector, and Rapture.  The numbered parallels are Silver (/349), Blue (/249). Red (/149), Gold (/99), Green (/25), and Black (1/1).  That makes a total of ten cards.  I was able to get all but the green and black.  I'm still hoping a green will show up.

These are Row 1 - Rapture, Vector

Row 2 - Pink Fireworks, base

Row 3 - Silver, Blue

Row 4 - Red, Gold

5 comments:

  1. So the base card is numbered, but some of the parallels aren't? Maybe Donruss does that a lot, but seems weird to me. Anyway, hope you find the ones you need to finish the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good rainbow chase and I know how you like Billy Williams. I like the photo selection, which is pretty good by Donruss standards. My favorite is the base (/999) for some reason. I think it's the scheme.
    Good luck on tracking down the green! Patience is key. I secured a 2014 Bowman Red Ice auto of Voglebach just yesterday for $9. It's the first one I've ever seen pop up. I was shaking with excitement after my bid won. Couldn't believe the card actually existed, I won the auction, and at price that didn't break the bank! You just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I'm overly fond of the design, but they do look really good when grouped together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Good luck with the missing 2!

    ReplyDelete