Friday, August 18, 2023

Got A Biggie Off of the Most Wanted List


A biggie has been crossed off of my Most Wanted list!  This is Ernie Banks' 1971 O-Pee-Chee card.  It is a tough card for several reasons - high number, O-Pee-Chee, and a hall of famer.  I hadn't seen one listed on eBay for over a year and a half.  Then, in the span of just a few weeks, three were offered.  Bidding was active, but I was able to land the third of the three.

You can see that the card is not in the greatest condition.  The corners are worn and rounded and it doesn't bother me in the least!  I'm just thrilled to have the card.

There were 28 cards on my most wanted list when I first posted it in January.  I've been able to knock 11 off the list since then, and I hope that the hot streak I'm on will continue!

7 comments:

  1. Picture Perfect Back - great photo - as a kid those numbers blew me away 509 HR 1630 RBI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card looks like the first 1971 Topps Banks I owned ... I haven't chased any of the OPC Dodgers from the early '70s. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding the OPC Banks card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering the name, and rarity, the condition doesn't seem that bad. And I'm sure that he still cost a bit too.

    ReplyDelete